Wine collectors know full well just how important it is to have a designated wine cooler at home. A refrigerator just doesn't cut it, and not a lot of people can install a wine cellar in their house, no matter how much they love their reds and whites. For those who are looking for a good but affordable cooler for their wines, Whynter WC-211DZ 21 might just be what you're looking for. This article takes a look at the features and reviews of this appliance.
Features of the Whynter WC-211DZ 21 wine cooler
The features of WC-211DZ 21 include:
- Dual temperature zones. As you may know, different types of wine have different cooling points. Because Whynter WC-211DZ 21 comes with a dual temperature zone feature, you can always have two kinds of wine ready to serve at all times. The upper zone can be adjusted from 44 to 66 F while the lower zone can be adjusted from 50 to 66 F.
- Vibration-free thermoelectric cooling. Motion can affect the taste of wine. Knowing this, the manufacturers of this appliance ensured that the design of Whynter WC-211DZ 21 is such that it won't vibrate when it's running so that flavor won't be compromised.
- LCD display. The appliance comes with an LCD display so you can see the temperature of both zones at all times.
- 21-bottle capacity. Whynter WC-211DZ 21 can support up to 21 wine bottles at the same time so you don't have to worry about not being able to serve cool wine when you're throwing an event at home.
- Removable shelves. The shelves of the cooler can be removed, making it easier for you to clean the appliance as needed.
Those who have bought this wine cooler are generally satisfied with their purchase. For its price, the appliance is a pretty good buy, especially considering that it has quite a large capacity and its dual-temperature zone feature. Users also love the fact that not only is the appliance vibration-free, it also produces minimal noise as well, so it won't disrupt anything that you're doing while this is running. The fact that the appliance is also stylish doesn't hurt as well.
However, like other appliances, Whynter WC-211DZ 21 also has its own share of downsides. The most common complaint people have made about this product is that the parts that were used to build this product feel cheap. However, there have been no reported issues of the appliance breaking down because of its construction. Furthermore, the manufacturers have said that Whynter WC-211DZ 21 has been built for durability, so this issue may simply be a matter of aesthetics and nothing else. Another issue raised by some buyers is that the cooler was made for normal-sized bottles, so those that deviate from this form may not fit in the cooler, or the appliance may not fit as many of these as it can normal-sized containers. Finally, some users have also raised the issue of not being able to go lower than 44 F, but this isn't that much of an issue considering that most wines cool down at that temperature.
While the Whynter WC-211DZ 21 wine cooler is far from perfect, this appliance is still a pretty good option, considering its price and features. If you're looking for an appliance that can effectively cool your wines and are not particular about any bells and whistles that may come with it, then this is still a good buy for you.